Everyone has a weakness. For some, hot and spicy foods gives them a real rise. If your loved ones really enjoy hot and spicy treats, continue to read.
1 Bag of Fresh Cranberries
2/3 C. (or more depending on taste) Sugar
1-2 Tbsp. Mint leaves
6-8 Tbsp. Lime Juice
¼ Tsp. Ground Ginger
Approx. ¼ Cup of Sliced Canned or Jar Jalapenos or 1/3 Cup Fresh with Seed Removed
1) Chop cranberries in processor to your preferred texture (I prefer chunky, but have made it smoother). Add the rest of the ingredients.
For Gifting: Place in a jar, decorate it with heart stickers and/or ribbons.
Heart Shaped Tortilla Chips
1 pkg. of Tortillas, any Flavor (Sometimes you can get lucky and find various colors)
A heart cookie cutter
One of the following spice combinations:
|Salt||Salt||Salt||1 Taco Packet (dry)|
|Chili Powder||Allspice||BBQ Powder||Or|
|Cayenne Powder||Cayenne Powder||1 Southwestern (dry) packet marinade|
|Lime Zest (optional)||Lime Zest (optional)|
The measurements of each of the spices all depend upon your preference. I’d start minimally with 1 tablespoon of each spice to 1 teaspoon of lime zest.
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat your cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2) Make heart cut-outs from the flat tortillas.
3) Place the hearts in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
4) Spray the tops of hearts lightly with cookie spray.
5) Sprinkle ONE of the spice groups above on the top of the hearts.
6) Bake the hearts for approx. 12 min, or until they are crispy but not too brown.
Packaging Your Chips:
Place in a paper bag, decorate with hearts and/or ribbon or pick up a valentine Chinese food container usually found at your local Dollar Store.
Copy Cat Boss Sauce:
2 ¼ c. Cider Vinegar (can use regular vinegar in a pinch)
1 ¼ c. Sugar
3 Tbsp. Ketchup
6 to 7 oz. Mustard
7 to 8 oz. Honey
1 Small can of Crushed Pineapple
Crushed Pepper Flakes- start with 3 Tbsp. and add more if you want to heighten the heat)
1/3 – 1/2 bottle( 1.5 oz – 2.5 oz) of Chile Habanero Hot Sauce (any brand)
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
¾ c. Water
1) In a food processor, puree the pineapple and place in a large pot. Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cornstarch and water.
2) Heat slowly over medium heat for about 10 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve, stirring frequently.
3) Step up the temperature to med. high and simmer for 40 minutes( stir occasionally).
4) Mix cornstarch and water together in a cup. Add the cornstarch mix to the pot and bring the sauce back to simmering. Stir well. Simmer for 5 more minutes and cool.
For Gifting: Place you sauce in a decorated jar as mentioned in the cranberry salsa recipe.