With Valentine’s Day less than 48 hours away, some of us are still scrambling to get our loved ones a gift. But why do we have to wait for a holiday to show people how much we care? It doesn’t cost a penny to show kindness every day.
Ideas That Change People’s Lives
When we are grateful each day, the people around us thrive. Our smiles can engage strangers to pass on the goodwill and although it may seem like a small gesture, for others it will be huge.
Examples of Showing Love Without Pulling out Your Wallet
- Offer to drive an elderly, disabled, or just any person without a car to the store.
- Invite someone who is single/divorced/widowed to dinner.
- Shovel a neighbor’s driveway or rake their leaves when you do yours.
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to for awhile ~ and really listen.
- Spend time with family members instead of on your devices.
- While cooking for yourself or family, put aside a meal for a friend and delivery it.
- Volunteer at your local charity or child’s function.
- Surprise your loved ones with breakfast in bed ~ even if you can’t cook.
- Use your unique talents – e.g. wipe someone’s computer, fix something, etc.
- Help with chores – parents/spouses will rejoice.
- Use your crafting talents and re-purpose an item for gift giving. Nothing says I love you more than homemade ingenuity.
So without a penny spent, show your family and friends how much they mean to you ~ everyday. Tomorrow is not promised and money cannot buy love.
To help get your creative juices flowing, see the links below:
Happy Valentine’s Day!