It’s about time to think about costumes (if you haven’t already). Here are some brilliantly thought of costumes. Many can be made by someone without a crafty bone in their body.
For more DIY costumes, check out:
One Good Thing by Jillie
A quick last minute appetizer. Image courtesy of Weezerthewonderful at FlickrCC.
Not all of us are great planners. So for those of us who decided to throw a last minute impromptu party, here are a few suggestions:
Keep It Simple Appetizers
- Cheese/Crackers/Pepperoni Trays
- Fruit trays – Grapes, Orange Slices, Melons, Kiwi, Strawberries
- Cheese Ball and Crackers, Bagel Chips or Baguette Slices
- Veggie Trays – Celery, Baby Carrots, Pepper and Cucumber Slices, and Broccoli or Cauliflower Crowns
- Rye Bread Bowl – Dig out “bowl” in rye round bread. Break apart bread pieces and scatter around the bowl. Mix 16 oz. sour cream, 1-2 tsp. powdered beef bouillon and 1-2 Tbsp. dill weed for dip center.
Easy Oven Appetizers:
- Easy Potato Skins
- Oven BBQ Chicken Wings – In a large foil turkey pan, place 5 pounds of frozen wings to 3 bottles of your favorite sauce and bake between an hour and an hour and a half covered in foil. Remove foil last 10-15 min. for crispier wings.
It doesn’t hurt to ask people to bring their own bottle, dish, dessert, or appetizer to pass.
One more thing: Have the Happiest New Year Ever!