It’s 2022, and many of us are still staying home, ordering online, or getting creative. Maybe we just forgot about getting a gift. This simple, quick template is not a fabulous design, full of flowers or crests. But for me, it does the job.Continue reading
It’s about time to think about costumes (if you haven’t already). Here are some brilliantly thought of costumes. Many can be made by someone without a crafty bone in their body.
For more DIY costumes, check out:
Not all of us are great planners. So for those of us who decided to throw a last minute impromptu party, here are a few suggestions:
Keep It Simple Appetizers
- Cheese/Crackers/Pepperoni Trays
- Fruit trays – Grapes, Orange Slices, Melons, Kiwi, Strawberries
- Cheese Ball and Crackers, Bagel Chips or Baguette Slices
- Veggie Trays – Celery, Baby Carrots, Pepper and Cucumber Slices, and Broccoli or Cauliflower Crowns
- Rye Bread Bowl – Dig out “bowl” in rye round bread. Break apart bread pieces and scatter around the bowl. Mix 16 oz. sour cream, 1-2 tsp. powdered beef bouillon and 1-2 Tbsp. dill weed for dip center.
Easy Oven Appetizers:
- Easy Potato Skins
- Oven BBQ Chicken Wings – In a large foil turkey pan, place 5 pounds of frozen wings to 3 bottles of your favorite sauce and bake between an hour and an hour and a half covered in foil. Remove foil last 10-15 min. for crispier wings.
It doesn’t hurt to ask people to bring their own bottle, dish, dessert, or appetizer to pass.